In the development of the RadKid.Org site, we respect and pledge to honor the 8 principles of the HON Code of Conduct, and have been certified through the Health On the Net Foundation since July 24, 2002.
- Financial disclosure
- Advertising policy
Described more fully, these principles are as follows:
- Indicate the qualifications of the authors.
- Any medical or health advice provided and hosted on this site will only be given by medically trained and qualified professionals unless a clear statement is made that a piece of advice offered is from a non-medically qualified individual or organization.
- Information should support, not replace, the doctor-patient relationship.
- The information provided on this site is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing physician.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of personal data submitted to the site by the visitor.
- Confidentiality of data relating to individual patients and visitors to a medical/healthy Web site, including their identity, is respected by this Web site. The Web site owners undertake to honor or exceed the legal requirements of medical/health information privacy that apply in the country and state where the Web site and mirror sites are located.
- Cite the source(s) of published information, date and medical and health pages.
- Where appropriate, information contained on this site will be supported by clear references to source data and, where possible, have specific HTML links to that data. The date when a clinical page was last modified will be clearly displayed (e.g. at the bottom of the page).
- Site must back up claims relating to benefits and performance.
- Any claims relating to the benefits/performance of a specific treatment, commercial product or service will be supported by appropriate, balanced evidence in the manner outlined above in Principle 4.
- Accessible presentation, accurate email contact.
- The designers of this Web site will seek to provide information in the clearest possible manner and provide contact addresses for visitors that seek further information or support. The Webmaster will display his/her email address clearly throughout the Web site.
- Identify funding sources.
- Support for this Web site will be clearly identified, including the identities of commercial and non-commercial organizations that have contributed funding, services or material for the site.
- Clearly distinguish advertising from editorial content.
- If advertising is a source of funding it will be clearly stated. A brief description of the advertising policy adopted by the Web site owners will be displayed on the site. Advertising and other promotional material will be presented to viewers in a manner and context that facilitates differentiation between it and the original material created by the institution operating the site.
Note: It is our intent to follow the guidelines outlined above insofar as they are applicable to the content of this Web site. Anyone who has reason to believe that we have not done so is invited to contact the chief content editor of this Web site, outlining where you believe we have gone wrong, giving us an opportunity to review and, if indicated, correct the problem. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.